Ask an expert

02 Feb 2009

abdominal cancer please help
Hi There

I am scared, I think I have cancer in my stomache. I am 25 Years old my weight is 70 and I am 1,8m tall. I do not have a medical aid where can I go for some test that wont cost me a lot of money

I feel abdominal discomfort, extreme bloating and fullness and weight loss , I am tired all the time depressed, Dont want to work nothing,extreme stomach discomfort and paine, I feel bloated after eating ,mild nausea,loss of appetite, and my tummy really really burns,Black stools about once a week sometimes longer, I cant eat much , little in the morning and at night a little bit .

Please can you help me what should i do? where can i go to due to i am not coverd. I realy dont want to feel this way anymore

Thank you
Answer 376 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Daw
You have the symptoms of a possible stomach ulcer. If you don't have a medical aid, go to your nearest provincial hospital's outpatient departement, the doctor will examine you and send you for a special test called a gastroscopy. (
If you have an ulcer, you will get medicine to use for about 2-3 months to heal the ulcer. The black stools are a sign of bleeding inside the stomach, so don't wait any longer. A stomach ulcer is 100% treatable.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18756 votes