Ask an expert

28 Jun 2005

Abdominal pain
Good day,

I would like to know if you think my problem is serious and would need additional medical attention.

On the right hand side of my stomach at about the top of my jocks about mid way between my belly button and hip I get a pian when I do any exercise that cause my muscles to flex. I am not sure what it is as I do not do many stomach exercises and haven't done for quite some time. If I lie down and sit up then it hurts, not extreme pain but I know it is there. While walking and so on it is fine, just when that part of my stomach is used. Can it be a muscle strain or something much worse? I have had it on and off for about 6 weeks I would guess. It isn't getting worse but it isn't getting better. Any help woul dbe greatly appreciated. There is no swelling, brusing or anything.

Answer 373 views

01 Jan 0001

Jason, it is probably due to muscle strain or inflammation, but your pain is in the area of your appendix and the best would be to have it seen to by a doctor just to make sure. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.