Ask an expert

22 Aug 2010

Abdominal pain
Wrote a while back about possible ibs but after taking librax and having ultra sound and removing gluten wheat and milk from diet am feeling betterand have lost weight which I need to drastically.Am not on any ccontraception. I still have pain a tugging cramp and diarrhoea am wondering about adhesions as i have a history of them ie ectopic pregnancy, ceaser, gall bladder and hernia repair which oopsed and had to have full cut as bile was escaping into abdominal cavity. What doc do I see now???? Any recommendations in Durban very nervous after last escapade in ICU and hosppital for 22 days for hernia and gall bladder!!!!! Any advice would really be appreciated
Answer 364 views

01 Jan 0001


You will have to consult a general surgeon for an examination, abdominal ultrasound, as well as an abdominal CT scan. I am unfortunately, not familiar with any surgeon in your area and I therefore, suggest that you contact your nearest private hospital for a reference.


Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.