Question

Abdominal Pain - Gall Bladder Removed
Had severe abdominal pain and nausea - gall bladder removed after tests, but what is odd is that prior to the op I was never bilious after fatty food, never had heartburn at all and now I suffer from both badly. Also I have a pain which seems as though it is in the same place which actually aches. Any suggestions?

Dear Wenviv
You may have a bit of gall reflux into the stomach, because the gall is now deposited directly from the liver into the gut instead of being saved in the gall bladder. This is not harmful but can sometimes cause unpleasant symptoms. Discuss with your GP, as you may need a gastroscopy examination to see if this is in fact the cause, there are medicines one can use for this. The gall can cause inflammation of the stomach lining (gastritis)