Question

Abnormal Cells
Hi there

I have had five pap smears done over the last 7 years, and all of the results come back that I have "abnormal" cells.

My last pap smear was done on 25th March 2003, and my gynae has informed me that he'll need to monitor this, thus, I have have to go back for another pap smear in 6 months time.

What is abnormal cells? What causes it, and what are the short/long term affects? Should I be conserned about it?

Dillweed

Abnormal cells may be due to infection or precancerous changes. The cause and effects depends on exactly what the report said regarding the abnormal cells.