Question

Abortion info!!!
I had an abortion last year in October due to German Measles. I went for my check up 2 weeks later and was told everything was normal and went off well, but I should'nt fall pregnant for atleast 6 months. I went on the 2 month contraceptive injection only in January and was due for another injection on the 29 April. The doctor told me I wont see my period for 6-8 weeks then all should be back to normal but it hasn't been ever since. I got my first period after 6 weeks like she said but had problems since it started. In January & February I bled for 3 weeks non stop but it wasn't really blood. I then went to my doctor who gave me another injection and said it was "deurbraak bloeding". Now it is the 13th and I still dont have my period but have severe abdomanal pain. Is this all caused by the injection or the abortion and will it get back to normal again? I wont be taking the next injection for it is now due on the 9th of April. I've heard that your period is never the same again after an abortion, is this true?

Thankyou.

It is quite common to have the kind of period irregularity that you are having after the injection. Unfortunately, it will take a while to settle down. It is unlikely to be due to the abortion.