Question

abuse
i would like to know what are the signs of sexual abuse in a small baby girl (physical signs). I was worried because the other day my husband was changing her nappy and she laughed when he wiped her by her privates - am i being silly? she doesnt laugh when I change her only for her dad? I took her for her 6 month check up to her paediatrician and he looked at her but never said anything. Can you physically see if a child has been abused? thank you

Worried, the most obvious signs are bruising and small tears around her privates. The fact that she laughed when he washed her privates is definitely no sign of sexual abuse. It’s almost more worrying that you think it might be. You should ask yourself if there is any other reason why you think there might be something like that going on and if there is, you should have it checked out. Good luck.