Ask an expert

27 Jul 2010

Can a person who is currently in jail for a child abuse/molseting crime be trialed for another simmilar case, and can I request documents and statements from a previous simmilar crime that took place about 15 years ago but was thrown out of court due to specific reasons?
This is my father and I cannot remember if I was ever molested, and I now have a daughter of my own whom I want to protect.
All the children previously involved are now over 21.
Thank you kindly.
Answer 351 views
Family law expert
family law expert

01 Jan 0001

Yes, he can be trialed on another case and you might be able to search for the records, if you have the ref. numbers, otherwise it will be a futile excersise
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.