Question

Abusive Ex
Ok I have sent my lawyer the details, but it sounds so childish, almost like I am tittle-tailing. "Dear Mr Lawyer, my ex is being ugly to me..... blah blah blah". Perhaps I am so conditioned to his abuse that I have become used to it. Ex just sent me an sms re daughter's party this w/end. He refuses to pay half as he says it's too much and I didn't consult him. But you can't talk to the man. So how was I supposed to consult him first. And what I have booked is far cheaper than anything else. He is so hooked on his money, I was nasty back and told him she will probably undrestand that daddy would rather save a few bob than be there on her day - as he's now refusing to come and wants a separate party for her. This is so not fair to her. Why do I feel like the idiot?

How awful that he has managed to be so abusive so skillfully for so long, that you feel the details are somehow petty ? And the idiot thinks that paying for an entire second party will be cheaper than sharing the expenses of the origibnal party ? Now THAT is petty, and silly, and pathetic. With someone like him around, how on earth do you manage to feel like the idiot ? That's like me sitting with a lap full of hot kitten, and feeling like the cat.
Anyhow, frustrate him by refusing to get upset by his antics, and hey, the kid gets 2 parties.