Ask an expert

27 Aug 2007

Got a lady friend(workmate) who has been married for thirteen years now. I have known her for a year, and for that period i have noted she is a sweet woman who has been starved of love. The husband is so insecure about himself as her husband such that he is so torturous to her by way of emotional abuse ( coming home in the morning), verbal and as well as physical abuse.She has been under such an arrangement for twelve of her thirteen years of marriage. Please donot ask me to ask her to leave her husband and start all over again, coz i hv done so already.i guess thats why they say love is blind. He doesn't believe in pychologists so she says. When i first got to know of her problems she was a withdrawn lady, lacking confidence in herself and always fidgety when the hubby is around.She confessed to even considering suicide. I tried to make her realise that life is beyond what exists btwn her and her hubby.I also managed to make her rediscover herself , not to go home and feel cornered and sorry for herself. In short she started concetrating on the things that made her happy.Her hubby was again not impressed with her new image ,of looking happy and confident of herself. She was bashed this weekend , her forehead is extended, her hair uprooted and she says her body is a grid. One needs to look at her in the state she is today to see how miserable she is. She is a painful sight.
What does one say to such a troubled / tormented woman
Answer 321 views

01 Jan 0001

If she is bein abused, advise her to call POWA and talk to them as they specialize in helping women in this situation. Whether this abusive creep believes in psychologists or not, is irrelevant. Fortunately shrinks are not like fairies, who need to be believed in, in order to exist. Get her injuries photgraphed, and encourage her, with the aid of POWA, to lay criminal charges against him, as what he is doing is indeed a crime which should never be tolerated.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17885 votes