Ask an expert

13 Feb 2013

Achilles Heels
I`ve got Achilles tendious on both my heels. I`m geeting Physio for that and it does help for the pain. Lately I`m expierencing pain in my hamstring and calf area whicj makes walking difficult and painful. Could this be as a result of my Achilles???
Answer 523 views

01 Jan 0001

Thank you for your e-mail, yes it could definatley all be linked. It is important when a condition is treated that the entire leg is assessed and not only the affected area treated. Are you a runner or how did the injury occur? I would suggest that you consult with a podiatrist (with a special interest in biomechanics) that would assess your gait and shoewear. Often conditions/ symptoms like the above could involve treatment from a podiatrist, chiropractor, physiotherapist and biokinetisist. For your nearest podiatrist contact PASA or 0861 100 249
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.