Question

aching pain in the left knee juring activity
I have aching pain in my left knee juring activity, i have no previous injuries, i have increased my training from 4 to 6 miles per week and have been running on varied surfaces. the pain is particularly noticable on ascending and decending stairs. there is no marked knee tenderness arounf patella tendon, and no postural abnormalities other than a moderate patella alta and slight joint effusion. I had Lachman test and it proved negative all the supporting ligaments of the knee joint appear to be in tact. The pain ncreases at 20 degrees of resisted knee extension and i can not perform a full squat without pain. I am quite broad in the hips and exhibit a mild degree of over-pronatin and genu valgum.
physiotherapist

Hi aka

I think it is all in the hips, and the knee is just the area that is feeling it. Check hip flexibity and strength, including abductors (side flexion) and hip flexion, and extension.

Douglas