Question

Acne
Dear DietDoc

I had acne between the age of 20-28. I then used Roaccutane which cleared it all up for many years. The acne has started all over again but just seems to be on my chin. I was told that it is a hormone imbalance and that I should use Vit b and Zinc tablets. Please tell me, if it is a hormone imbalance which causes the acne what should I do?

Dear Leonie
Acne is really caused by a hormone imbalance and as you have previously had good results with Roaccutane, I would suggest that you consult a Dermatologist to obtain the correct treatment for your condition. Taking vitamin B complex and zinc is generally a good idea if you are feeling tired and are prone to infections, but it won't cure your skin condition, if the latter is acne and not some other dermatological manifestation.