Question

acne scars
Is there any cream that you can recommend, other than microdermabrasioin or peels, to get rid of acne scars? Ive got red acne marks on my forehead and around my mouth and i want to get rid of the redness. I am a student so dont have a lot of money to spend on cosmetics. I have tried bio-iol(that is what my doctor recommended) but it doesnt help at all. Is there any cream that you can recommend, preferably without a doctors prescription, that would help to get rid of the redness.
I have heard about mederma cream, but im not sure if it works and do i need a prescription?
Thank you for your time
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

Hello Jenny, thank you for the question.
I must start by commenting that it is very difficult to give a diagnosis without a consultation first, so you should see a dermatologist who can give an accurate assessment of your skin and the various treatment options. The redness you describe is most probably inflammation and should be treated accordingly. If you prefer not consulting a dermatologist then try either the Nimue or NeoStrata ranges specifically for inflamed/acne skin. These products contain both anti-inflamatory and calming properties, and anti-oxidants that reduce further damage. As regards the Mederma cream, it’s main ingredient is an extract from the onion that is supposed to reduce the size and redness of scars. So try it and let me know how it works. If you live in Cape Town, please phone my office for a consultation (021) 797 0960.