Question

Active Vegan that has no other solution to keeping trim
I am on the verge of giving up all hope!
My whole life, I have always been a little bigger than everbody else (about 4kg).
2 years ago, I decided to become vegan for health reasons and assumed I probably loose weight, which was not my main objective but was quite happy about the thought.

I have been an exercise freak my whole life and currently I exercise 6 times a week, eat mainly vegetables, potatoes, fruits and toast and sometimes cheese, if I am out.

However, I am in fact getting bigger and my clothes are even getting tight on me.

I am so deperate, I dont know what to do anymore. I hope you will be able to give me more advise that guiding me to a docter.

Thanks.

Dear VV
I am afraid that I must suggest that you do go for a medical checkup because this gain in weight may well be due to a hormone imbalance and you need to be tested to ascertain what is wrong with you. Because you don't mention your height in metres and weight in kg, I can't work out if you are actually overweight or not. Click on 'Diet' and 'Tools' and work out your BMI. If it is between 18 and 25 then your weight is normal, if your BMI exceeds 25 then you are overweight and need to address the problem. I am also worried that you are getting deficient in a whole variety of nutrients such as iron, zinc, omega-3, B12, calcium, protein, etc , because of your restrictive diet. If you do suffer from an underactive thyroid or an insulin imbalance then you need to have this treated, so do be sensible and have that checkup.
Take care