Question

ADD in children
need comprehensive info on ADD in kids.have friends daughter who has been assessed and her mom is in denial.Child 7yrs old and can barely read or write for age never mind simple addition.Child bright and sweet in every sense of the word but getting raw deal due to parental ignorance I think. I need some convincing material to send to them.I would be most grateful if you could forward me some information on this subject ASAP

Dear Kans,
If you look elsewhere within Health24, there is a section containing basic informaton about a host of disorders, including ADD. Also, if you do a simple web search, perhaps on a seach engine like Google ( www.google.com ) you will find a large variety of sites with the sort of material you seek. Choose particularly tose coming from major academic and research facilties, or national mental health organizations, as some of those set up by individual eccentrics can provide very wacky and unreliable information !