Question

Adequate diet during pregnancy
Dear Doc
I am in my first week of my pregnancy. I would like to put on as little weight as possible during my pregnancy.
Can you provide me with some pointers for a well balanced non fattening diet for pregnant women please.
Many thanks in advance.
Dede

Dear Dede
Congratulations! Basically you need to eat a balanced, low-fat diet (click on 'Diet' and 'View old Diet & Food site' and read all the articles on 'Balanced diet I-IV' and also do a Search for 'Pregnancy Diet' on this Website) and to do permitted exercise such as walking in the fresh air (check this out with your dr before you do any exercise).
Hoping that you will have a wonderful pregnancy. Keep in mind that you do need to gain a bit of weight during pregnancy to ensure that the birth-weight of your baby is normal.