Question

ADHA and taking Ritalin - 7year old
Please could you help me, i have been advised that my son 7rs should be taking Ritalin due to lack of concentration and inability to focus, disrupting class and the usual associated stuff. i do agree that he cannot concentrate, but i am so reluctant to give this drug to him... what are the long term effects on a person? is there no other alternative?
many many thanks
a concerned mom
melanie
082 577 1007

There are some alternatives. I would want the correct diagnosis of ADHD to be made by a competent paediatrician or child psychiatrist, who could then discuss treatment options with you. If used correctly, there don't seem to be serious long-term consequences. There are some choices of drug and version of the drugs available. Also, though no other remedy seems to help, some of ou readers have reported excellent examples with an over-the-counter product called HiQ, and there sems to be a little research suggesting that what it contains might possibly be useful