Question

ADHD - effect reading ability
Good day

I would like to know if ADHD can affect a childs abiltiy to read? My sister's son is currently on Ritaline and has difficulty in reading. He is 11 years old.

I suppose it would mainly depend on how bad the ADHD was. But if it was severe and untrated, the child might have difficulty paying sufficient attention to learn to read, and might have difficulty in concentrating enough to read well. But with treatment, and perhaps a psychologist with an interest in ADHD could help him to attend and read better, he could improve