Question

ADVICE
IAM TURNING 37 IN JUNE BEEN TRYING TO CONCEIVE FOR THE PAST 10YEARS I DID 3 LAPOROSCOPY LAST ONE IN DECEMBDER 2007 MY TUBES ARE TOTALLY BLOCKED I WANT TO KNOW WHAT MUST I DO, GO FOR INVITRO OR ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION WHICH ONE IS CHEAPER ,WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

THANK YOU.
fertility expert

Dear Christabell

The fact that both tubes are totally blocked would strongly mitigate in favour of invitro fertilization which is the more expensive of the two options. However, artificial insemination is unlikely to be successful even after many attempts due to the blocked tubes and therefore, on a cost benefit scale, in vitro fertilization will certainly be more cost effective treatment option in the long run