Question

advice
My girlfriend and i are of two differing religions(im muslim,she hindu).We decided to tell our parents recently about us.My parents are refusing and her parents are not to keen.I have listen to the arguments my parents have made against it.Im not sure but i do agree with a lot that they said about religion.I need advise on what to do.What ever decision i do make i want to make it soon.

As you realize, other people cannot make up your minds for you. There are usually real problems arising in marriages or close relationships between people of different religions and/or cultures, mainly due to the prejudices of others. But some such relationships are particularly loving, lasting and happy. Some are not. It is wise for such a couple to work with a couples counsellor to explore the situation and at least to understand the potential problems and assess how prepared they are to deal with these