Question

Advice needed
Morning all.

I had a look at alot of the questions here, but I am not getting the answers I need for this particular concern.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me with the following.

1. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS. I was always under the impression that you don' t get a period in this case, but I get one every month. Sometimes, 5 weeks apart, sometimes 4 weeks apart, sometimes a little more, but I get a period every month. I don' t know how long I have had it for and since hubby and I don' t have kids yet, I was wondering if there is still a change. At what point does PCOS damage the ovaries to the point of not working at all?

2. Had LLETZ surgery a few months ago and will see the Dr next month for first follow up. I am deathly afraid of the results of the pap. What if it has come back, what if the Pre cancer cells are in a different place and they have to cut out more and more. It is extremely important for hubby and I to have kids, I would appreciate it if someone could please shed some light on my concerns.

Thank you so much!!
GYNAEDOC

Not all women with PCOS do not ovulate. If you are having relatively regular periods, you probably are ovulating. It is not a question of PCOS damaging the ovaries over time.
It is unlikely after a LLETZ that the precancerous cells will return so quickly. WIth your history it may be a good idea to start your family soon though.