Question

ADVICE ON LOSING WEIGHT
Dear Dr Van Heerden

Im 26 years old, my height is 1.65m and I currently weigh 72kg.
I would appreciate it if you could please give me some advice on what sort of diet to follow.
My Cholesterol level is 4.4 and my Blood sugar is 4.5
I take special iron tablets and Eltroxin for my underactive thyroid.

I would appreciate your assistance.

Regards,
Lara

Dear Lara
At present your BMI = 26,5 which is above the upper normal level of 25. It would be good if you could achieve a BMI of 22 and reduce your weight to 60 kg. Research has shown that the best way to lose weight is to eat a low-fat, high-fibre diet (this should also reduce your cholesterol and blood sugar levels). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight Loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet which you can use with exercise to obtain the best results.