Question

advice on teen weight-lifting
Hi!
I am a girl of 15 yrs old and about 1,7 meters tall.I'm not obese but big built.I try to workout twice a week.I warm up thoroughly before doing squats(5kg),leg extentions(12kg) and a few other exercises focusing on my lower body.I complete four sets of 15 reps.Is it safe to continue with these sort of exercises?Is it true it's bad for growing girls?
Please give me some advice on the good and bad effects(if any) this could lead to at my age.

I hope to hear from you soon
Sameera Hamdulay

Hi Sam

No - it's not bad for you. My advice is simply that you stick to low weights, so that you don't injure yourself and that you dona variety of exercises as you are doing. Perhaps incorporate a few exercises for your upper body?

Also, make sure that you do your cardiovascular exercise too ie running, walking, aerobics, kick-boxing - whatever you most enjoy. Try to do this about three times a week, since the benefits from cardiovascular exercise are also enormous. Combined with a healthy siet, this will also help with weight management.

Good lock!