Ask an expert

04 Jul 2010

affordable psycologyst in Joburg
I have been diagnosed with mild depression and anxiety due to separation and work related stress. I have been advised to see a shrink,but unfortunately I cant afford it at this stage. Is there like a support psycologysts''network which I could contact and maybe save some money on sessions?
I am in Joburg north.

Answer 475 views

01 Jan 0001

OK, none of us have any knowledge of either the quality of other shrinks work ( except in some appalling examples ) and no idea at all what they might charge. In the situation you describe, I'd suggest call the SADAG ( Depr an Anx Support Group, Number on this page ) and / or check their sepsite, as they keep track o shrinks dealing with these problems, an I think they know where at least some of them practice and may even have some idea how much they charge. And their own Support Groups can be very helpful, especially with milder depressions
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.