Question

Afraid to go home...
Hi everyone, my dog (a labrador) is 16 years old, and he got sick about a week ago.. he's on his last, my mom/dad was planning on taking him to the vet this morning.. I haven't heard anything yet, but there is a chance that they didn't bring him back...

I'm so scared to go home, we've been expecting him to die (he's so old) but he's been part of our lives for 16 years...

It's so tough...

Pencil, I know how you're feeling. We lost our beloved cat of 18 years, recently, and though we knew she was declining rapidly, one dreaded geting up each morning to see if she was still with us, until the morning when I found her dead. Very sad. But of course you must go home, and can't avoid finding out whatever has happened. At least you will be able to remember him with joy, and satisfaction at all the love you all were able to give him, as well as to receive from him.