Question

African Mango
Hi doc. I''m new here. I could lose a few kg''s so the weight issue always gets my attention. Not that I am very overweight, I''m just not skinny. I saw an article this morning about ''African Mango'' and how well it works. Then people commented on the fact that they could not source this product. Have you heard of such a thing as ''African Mango''? Has anybody heard about this?

Dear Jordan
I am aware of the fact that there is a fruit called mango and that we grow a lot of them in Southern and other parts of Africa. But what the article on 'African mango' was referring to is not clear. The standard mangoes grown in SA are rich in dietary fibre, vitamin C and beta-carotene, but I have not heard that they make a contribution to weightloss per se. You can of course use mangoes as one of your fruit selections in a slimming diet.