Question

African mango - it works - published
Dear Doc

refreshingly a controlled study proving the efficacy (weight loss of 5% weightloss in 1 month on normocaloric diet) of the African Mango:
The effect of Irvingia gabonensis seeds on body weight and blood lipids of obese subjects in Cameroon. Lipids Health Dis. 2005 May 25 4:12.

Dear Racoon
Thanks so much for this insightful information. I have tracked the article and see that the compound used in the study was a novel extract of the traditional West African Irvingia gabonensis seed and that very positive results were obtained. This is evidently a new novel fibre that helps reduce energy intake and thus also improves the other parameters such as lowering LDL cholesterol and increasing HDL cholesterol. I shall certainly do some more reading on the subject and let my Readers know about it in a DietDoc Topic.
Hope you are progressing well