Question

African Mango (w/Green Tea) capsules (1200 mg.)
After taking 2X per day, I had heart/chest pains (age 67)Druggist said I was experiencing a " too rapid"  heart beat that I should be very careful and/or stop product. I did lose 5#''s after taking it, though.

Dear Al
As I mentioned in the article I wrote on African Mango and its slimming properties, this plant compound is often combined in over-the-counter slimming pills with a number of other plant extracts like green tea or synephrine (bitter orange extract) or guarana, etc, which can have serious side-effects. It is actually a pity that manufacturers don't just sell the plain African mango extract, which is a type of dietary fibre. There is no need for the addition of all these other compounds. In your case, I would suspect that you are reacting to the caffeine in the green tea extract or to some other ingredient in the slimming capsules. If you developed angina (chest pains) and palpitations (common side-effects experienced with caffeine and synephrine or other stimulants which are often added to slimming pills), then you should stop taking such product immediately and ask your medical doctor to give you a checkup. In future, never take such products again.
Take care