Question

After sex?
Hello there!

Last night after my fiancé and i 'made love' there was a 'light brownish - red fluid' discharged. then in the morning i started my period but i'm only supposed in 1-2 weeks, and i'm on Triphasil. The same thing has happened for two previous months(this is the 3rd time after each other!). we make love very very often and i'm worried that it could be "damaging" or "not good" in some way... is that a correct observation to make?
i have spoken to GynaeDoc and told her, she said i could be a cervix or uterus? could this be from (excuse me!) rough sex?
is there anyway you can help or advise me?
PLEASE!

<Thanking You in advance!>

Kind Regards,
--Tarryn!

Dear Tarryn
When last have you had a Pap smear and Gynae check up. A woman needs to see a health care provider for a check-up if:
* bleeding is significant (is heavier than the first couple of days of her period, is constant, and/or soaks through a tampon and a pad)
* bleeding persists for more than a few days
* there is pain that does not get better
* she is worried about anything regardless (for some peace of mind)

In order to heal, it's important not to have any vaginal penetration (no penises, fingers, tampons, etc.) and orgasm until after the bleeding has completely stopped. If bleeding returns after vaginal penetration or orgasm has resumed, then go to a health care provider for a check-up.

While it's highly likely that the bleeding is in response to a sexual act, it's also quite possible that it may not be related. If the bleeding starts out as dark, rather than bright, red in colour, then there may be bleeding from the cervix or higher up in the uterus. This is not normal after sexual intercourse and needs to be looked at by a health care provider as soon as possible.