Question

Age and performance loss
Hi Im 34 and Male I Have participated in active sport for all my life and still play competitive hockey I have found that trying to keep my weight down and training has diminished my performance especialy over the last few years dramaticaly. are there any supliments that can help me with the performance levels while trying to maintain my weight or is this just age creeping up and I will never perform at the levels in my late twenties again?

Hi Brett

It's best to ask Dietdoc about supplement use - but really what counts most - is the correct training and a good diet. In fact, I would recommend that you actually consult a dietician to ensure you are eating optimally for weight loss and for training.

Perhaps you also need more recovery time (if you are training really hard), since as you get a little older, so your time needed for recovery increases.

I hope this helps.
Good luck.