Question

AI-WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?
I had my 5th AI on 8 and 9/02/07. 11Days later I went for a blood test, it was negative!! Very depressed I waited for my period around the 27/02/07 which was never late before. It never came. On 06/03/07 I did a home preggy test-negative again. Today, one month after my AI I still hav'nt seen my period. I usually ovulate very regularly to the extend that I can always predict my period days. The follicle was very good, the doc told me and also that it was a good insemination. What happened to it if it was not fertilized? Please help.
fertility expert

Dear Suzie

In this specific situation I will strongly advice you to proceed to IVF. Even a limited IVF cycle. ie simple clomid cycle with egg retrieval may be very valuable in determining a fertilisation problem , ie problem between sperm and egg in the production of an embryo. This type of cost-effctive IVF cycle may have the added benefit of resulting in a pregnancy and may surprisingly cost you less than some insemination cycles.