Ask an expert

22 Jan 2008

AIDS Companion/Support
I have a wonderful friend who is interested in being a source of emotional support/companion for AIDS patients. Where can she go? She is a genuine and caring person who just wants to help. She is a very open minded easy going person. Please help me to help her.
Answer 385 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Tawnia
She can contact her municipality to ask where the AIDS hospices are in her area, or go to the nearest provincial hospital. She can also get involved in centres for babies orphaned due to Aids or whose parents died, like ABBA house.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.