Question

Air from the vagina
My wife afer having sex always complains that air is coming from her vagina.Yesterday after sex she made me hear that air coming.Is this normal and what can be the cause.We are worried.

Yes, it does happen to other women, and yes, it can be embarrassing! Vaginal "farts," or "varts" as another reader once named them, occur when air gets into a vagina during arousal, penetration, and even exercise. During arousal, the vagina lengthens and the uterus moves, creating more air space. Often, the "vart" occurs when the walls of the vagina and uterus return to their unaroused positions. Varts, just like farts, are a part of life. There's nothing to apologize for or be embarrassed about -- they're just body sounds. If you want, you can say something like, "It's awfully drafty in here," to distract your and your partner's attention from the noise. Or just say, "Excuse me."

Don't be worried, it's all very normal.