Question

ALCOHOL AND MENSTRUATION
Hi Doc. It seems as if my daughter has a craving for alcohol / drinks more just before menstruation. Is this possible? Can it be a hormonal imbalance? I know some people crave chocolate.

She also has a lot of stress and needs psychiatric help desperately, or is she only using the alcohol abuse as an excuse Who is the best person for her to speak to - psychiatrist or gynae? Thanks

All kinds off cravings can occur premenstrually. This is not a hormone imbalance but normal variation in the hormones during the cycle.
She should seee a psychiatrist not a gynaecologist.