Question

alcohol and pregnancy
My daughter-in-law has long been a heavy drinker. When she discovered she was 2 1/2 months pregnant I warned her about foetal alcohol syndrome and she cut down, but she still drinks. Her gynae told her the occasional drink is safe, but while some people would think an occasional drink is twice a month, with her I suspect it would be as much as once a day. I am desperately worried about the baby. She is going on 6 months pregnant now. I always thought that no alcohol is safe for the foetus. Please tell me what the safe amount is.

There is no known safe amount of alcohol to take in pregnancy. A drink a day is certainly not safe.