Question

Alcohol Dependency
I am an habitual drinker, never during the day, but in the evenings I am unable to stop at one beer and end up drinking 3-5 I am gaining weight because of this which adds to my need to kick the habit. I have read of hynotherapy,but how does one locate where they practice, it does not appear to be a widely advertised area. I do not think that I am the stage where AA is necessary, but I do not want to reach that point. Can you help?

Almoast everyone calling themselves a "hypnotherapst" is a quack, and hypnotherapy alone is NEVER the best treatment for absolutely anything. Only occasionally, when used by a fully trained psychiatrist o psychologist, as PART of a careful treatment plan, may it be helpful.
Someone with only one method ( let alone one with no good evidence of effectiveness ) is like a carpenter with nothing in his tool box but a hammer. To him, everything looks like a nail, and he hits it.
DOn't waste your time or money seeking a hypnotist ; see a good local psychiatrist or psychologist for a proper assessment of the extent of this problem and anyhing possibly related to it, and make a proper effective treatment plan.