Question

Alcohol risk
Hi there,

i''''m 19 weeks pregnent, and want to know if my unborn are at risk because before i nkew i was preg i used to drink lot and lot of whisky and spirits, so would like to know if this will pouse any risks.

OK, this is an important question which would be better addressed to our GP, Cyberdoc, or Gynedoc. For a young person to be drinking heavily, especially spirits, is not good for their health in many ways. Alcohol, like all toxins, affects the foetus and develop[ing baby in potentially different ways at different ages / stages of development. I'm not sure how late in this particular pregnancy you were still drinking heavily, but work that out, and then ask gynaedoc whether that would be significant. And stick to good nutrition and good behaviour for the rest of the pregnancy to improve baby's health anyway.