Question

Alcoholic in ICU
My dad is in icu, after having a seizure, which we think was caused by an overdose of epilem. He is heavily sedated, because each time he starts to wake up, he struggles and tries to pull the tubes out of his mouth. The nurses have told me he is struggling beacuse he is suffering from withdrawal symptons from alcohol (he is an alcoholic). They have asked me to bring in some alcohol to give him to settle him down. Surely they shouldnt give an alcoholic more alcohol?
Addictions Expert Forum

Dear Concerned;

I agree that the issue of bringing alcohol in especially when allegedly recommended by a professioal nurse is most concerning. Your father needs a closesly monitored detox protocol administerd by a doctor who is an addictions specialist. Please contact Harmony Addictions Clinic.

regards