Question

Alcoholism and aggression
Hi there, We have been married now for 5 years, but my hubby keeps accussing me of sleeping around. He is 48 years and i am 27 yrs, He also drinks alot, he lies about all sorts of things which causes us to fight alot. He has hit me a few times. Do you think the alcohol can cause him to become like this...... I really need help here. I have 2 children 2 years and 6 years. I am now wanting to file for divorce as i dont know if i can handle his constant lying, his aggresion, he thinks everyone is rubbish in his eyes, he is so negative about everything. We cant even go see my mom as they dont approve of his behaviour. Please help me.........

That's quite an age diffference, though he sounds the less mature. OF COURSE the alcohol contributes to his lying and aggression --- it usually does, and if he had any sense he would realize this and stop drinking. Unless he were sincerely and seriously determined to change, and to work with a therapist for himself, and a marriage counsellor with you, things are very unlikely to change and could get worse. See a therapist / counsellor for yourself, and also a good lawyer. And consider if and when you have planned a separation, getting a court order to forbid him from harrassing or threatening you or the children.