Ask an expert

06 Dec 2012

Allegy Tests
Good day i''d like to know what is the latest technology on allergy testing as i''d like to do a test to see if i am allergic to any metals. i stay in pretoria east.

i also think i have a nickel allergy and i''d like to know if food containing nickel can also cause symptoms. Hope to hear from you soon. thanks
Answer 257 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Lil
You will have to ask a medical doctor such as your gp to refer you to a pathology laboratory for allergy and heavy metal testing. If you are allergic to nickel then you may have to avoid all foods that have been canned and change your cooking utensils to glass or metals that do not contain nickel. Generally speaking nickel only occurs in foods as a contaminant.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9323 votes
67% - 18742 votes