Question

allergex
I asked my gp if there is anything he can prescribe for my LO who is turning 3 in a few months that can make him a little bit drowsy so that we can get him to go to sleep in his own bed. Just for maximum 3 nights so that he can get used to the idea. (We have tried before and me and hubby just ended fighting and getting very jumpy with each other because of the lack of sleep) Is allergex safe to use?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is very unsafe to use medication to modify a child's behaviour. It will therefore, be unethical for me to advise a product to make your child sleepy. Instead make sure that he is awake and active during the day, to ensure that he/she is tired at night. Avoid drinks like coffee, coke, fizzy drinks or tea with caffeine and limit sweets intake.

Dr Anrich Burger