Question

allergic reaction to butterfish
I had what I think was an allergic reaction to butterfish last week. I wonder if you could explain what happened - I found an interesting article on the internet, but with all the scientific words could not understand what it meant. Something to do with esters. The symptoms were (very embarrasing! ) loads of oil 'leaking' from my rectum. No diarrhea or cramps. Will this reaction occur every time I have the fish - eg should I never have it again?

Thank you!

Liesel, why don’t you mail me the article and underline the parts you didn’t understand? My e-mail address is netdoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.