Question

Allergic Rhinitis
Doctor, What is the most common cause of this please. I underwent a sinus operation which has not improved the situation and I have a constant flow of phlegm, also when one wants to get rid of the phlegm is it better to spit out or swallowed it. I find it is aggrevated when I shower and when I consume alcholol like dry white wine. Many thanks! Ricky
ENT Expert
ENT Expert

Dear Ricky

Allergies vary from person to person, and can be anything from inhalants (eg. pollens,grass) to a variety of foodstuffs. Your doctor can test for individual problems.
Sinus surgery does not cure allrgies! You may be suffering from an infection, so please go back to your surgeon for treatment.