Question

Allergic to everything...
I'm allergic to gluten/wheat,soy, nuts,seeds and some vegetables and fruit. My dr said there is nothing she can do for me. My list of food has shrunk to only red meat, potatoes and apples every day. I'm researching all my options. I would like to know, for me who is very allergic to nuts, can I safely use palm oil?

Dear Reader
I am so sorry to hear about all these food allergies which must make your life very difficult. I would strongly urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will work out a diet that excludes the offending foods, but still provides you with the correct nutrients and some variety. I cannot comment on the palm oil - theoretically it should be fine, but I would need to see the results of your allergy tests. So rather consult a clinical dietitian who can sit down with you and work through all these allergies and cross-reactivities.
Hang in there