Question

Allergies? Bites?

I a very mosquito and flea prone and I am noticing that I am getting very itchy bumps, on my ankles, legs, arms, etc. They LOOK like flea bites, but I am getting them at work too (I work in a hospital, so I doubt they have a flea problem). Could it be allergies? I currently have about 8 of them and my dog does not have fleas (I recently bought two cans of die flea and treated two rooms of my little flat so far- I have other pets to consider so I can’ t do the whole flat at once). How do I identify if it is allergies or bites? I would think they are bites, but the two on my ankle have turned a dark pink/ purply colour and on some of them I cannot find obvious bite sites. Could it the change of seasons?

Jennifer

Insect bites are usually round, raised lesions with a reddish colour and in some cases the lesion can be very large with hives forming on the skin, due to an allergic reaction to the insect bites. Typically these bites will itch a lot. Before consulting your doctor, try Anthisan cream, in combination with Lorano tablets, which is an antihistamine with little sedating qualities.

If there are signs of infection, you should consult your doctor.