Ask an expert
Question

14 Mar 2007

Am I allergic to Sulphur Dioxide
Recently confirmed that I am allergic to following antibiotics: Sulphas, Cephalosporins and Quinolones - does this mean that I am now allergic to Sulphur Dioxide preservatives? Can you also explain a high auto immune system and what the repercussions of that is if any and does the body ever stop being high auto immune?
Answer 447 views
Expert
CyberDoc
cyberdoc

01 Jan 0001

Hi Sally
Yes you will probably cough or get short of breath if you eat something with sulphur dioxide in. High auto immune probably means that you quickly react to allergens - if you mean will the allergies go away - Probably not.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Results
Yes
34% - 9269 votes
No
66% - 17868 votes
Vote