Question

Am I being petty
Hi Doc.

So this is what happened.
On Wed. my bf came to me to borrow my cell as he had taken his to vodashop to fix right.
So I offer him my baby sisters old cell and he says I should use that one as he wants mine because my sisters is full of bling(stars hearts and all types of glittery thing)
Its a D500 and nothing wrong with it but he wouldnt take it.
Now I know this is such a petty thing but I am used to my cellphone, I listen to my radio every morning and afternoon on it to and from work, all my notes are on there etc etc, numbers are saved to the phone but no he wouldnt understand.
In the end he said its fine he would take it but then I was just so upset that he would rather inconvenience me than use a cell with glitter on that I just gave him my cell.

Now I''m not fuming mad at him or anything just abit upset and havnt answered any of his calls since. I just think he is such an asshole. He done this a year ago too and kept my cell for 2weeks until he got his back and I had to use an even older cell that I couldnt do anything on.

Now my thought is this, if I was in his position I would take anything I was given and not expect anyone to suffer because of me(not that I''m suffering) I totally know this is nothing really even though I typed this long mail about it but still.
What would you say?

Oh he also bought me a new car for my birthday but still I don''t think that that should make any difference. Maybe he thinks so...
Sure there are more important issues but I just seem to be thinking about this and how I just feel like slapping him silly.

Yes, it is indeed petty. He should be satisfied that someon loans him a cellphone, even if it looks icky. Its for PHONE-calls, not to flash around and show off. It was selfish to expect you to give up the convenience of your own phone ( and maybe he waned a chance to snoop in it ? ).
Mind you, buying you a new car for your birthday is hardly a petty thing. I rather wish I had your sort of problems.