Question

am i being too pushy?
I've been seeing this guy for about 2 months and we were sleeping together.
he keeps making empty promises which really hurts me even tho i try to not make a big deal of it.
last night he promised to call which never happened, so today i told him that if he is not going to be able to give me the respect i need, there is someone who will.
I asked him if there was any potential of us actuall getting serious and he told me he had no intention of it from the start.
I asked him why he continued to waste both of our time and he just told me he liked being around me.
i just told him that i think he is childish and should grow up. then he put the phone down on me.

am i being irrational to expect something to come of this or is he just using me.
please i need someone's opinion because i can't think about this anymore... it's too painful.

It's very reasonable indeed, not to want to be used, and to want respect. he has said he intends nothing serious, so if you want serious, he's the wrong man for you. As Kay says, you rather rushed into it and may well have given him the impression that you wanted am all-fun and no strings relationship. Now he knows that you dont, and apparently you know that he doesn't.
Move on, you deserve better than that.