Question

am i eating enough?
my daily diet is as follows:

for breakfast i have 1 nutrific biscuit with fat free yoghurt and an apple or raisins.

i have another apple at about 10:00

lunch at 12:00 is a salad with either a piece of chicken or fish

at supper at 18:00 is usually veggies with chicken or fish.

i also go to the gym 5-6 days a week, for about 60mins.

i'm worried that i'm not eating enough, which may cause problems with my metabolic rate. i'm 22 years old, 172cm tall and weigh 58kg.

Dear Twink
Your present MI = 16,9 which is far too low. You should weigh between 65 and 75 kg for your BMI to be within a normal range between 19 and 22. You are for sure not eating enough and this coupled with your excessive exercise points towards a tendency to anorexia. Please, for your own sake, start eating a more balanced diet - for starters add 3 cups of low-fat milk to your diet to ensure that you get sufficient calcium to prevent osteoporosis later in life. Then add some carbohydrates to each meal and each snack, such as wholewheat toast with polyunsaturated margarine and jam or peanut butter for breakfast, a baked potato or brown rice for lunch and pasta or sweet potatoes for supper. Eat wholewheat or rye crackers with nuts or dried fruit for snacks in between meals to gain those 13 kg you need so urgently.
Take care